lunes, septiembre 22, 2008

corrections

A Typical Chilean celebration is ¨Fiestas patrias¨. On this holiday the country’s independence day is celebrated, but the real event behind this date is the celebration of the first national meeting, on September 18th 1810.

Many Chileans don’t know the history of their country, they celebrate and remember that they are Chileans only on this date.

The typical folklore dance, “Cueca”, is only danced by people on this holiday, during the rest of the year they forget about it.

When I was a child, I liked to dance cuenca at school. Every year on this date I danced cueca for sport classes, and my grades at sports were good.

Last year I celebrated with my family, it was a lot of fun because we were all happy. Sometimes we cook empanadas (typical Chilean food). But it’s very hard and it takes a lot of time to make them so instead we buy them. It’s easier to do a barbecue, we often do ¨anticuchos¨.

There’s a typical drink called ¨chicha¨, made from grapes. People drinks a lot and they dance cueca. The Fondas are located at the O´higgins Park, on this place many people joins in celebration, while children fly kites, because the wind in September is very favourable and the sky’s view is beautiful and very colorfull. I prefer not to go to fondas.

No hay comentarios.: